MISSION

The mission of this blog is to clarify centrist and populist political positions, and
to discover suitable third party candidates for the 2016 election.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Why I Am A Centrist

Having just voted in the United States Presidential Election and having viewed countless hours of grating political ads and having viewed countless political ads by facebook friends I'm just fed up!

I feel like the democratic party has been captured by liberal activists and wants the federal government to financially support any and all minorities and special interest groups.

I feel like the republican party has been captured by the capitalists who only want the government to free them from paying any taxes, and limit government benefits in order to raise their bottom line.

Neither party is willing to work with the other to actually accomplish any meaningful legislation that takes all Americans into account. If the democrats are in power they enact some new social legislation sure to benefit the lower class at the expense of the middle class, and if the republicans are in power they enact legislation that benefits big business and their own pockets.

In all of this maneuvering, both parties lose sight of the reason they were elected--to represent the interests of their constituents, not the lobbyists.

Unfortunately, I find that even state legislatures have become equally divisive and that they often enact legislation that benefits utilities and insurance companies while forgetting about the citizens' economic situations.

Now, I find that I agree with some--not all--of the democrat's social agenda, and I agree with some--not all--of the republican's economic agenda. I favor the libertarian's smaller, less intrusive government, and agree with the statist's use of limited government regulation of industry.

My leadership style also fits well with centrism as I am a consensus builder, recognizing good points on both sides of issues and seeking for the common ground. I also value history and established procedures, so I don't jump at every new idea and want to hold on to that which has proved helpful and useful.

I think government works best when the various law makers can work together to solve a problem, rather than stubbornly insisting on following their own (or their lobbyists) interests and ideologies. we used to call this STATESMANSHIP. It is this kind of working relationship that created the US Consitution.

I believe the best answers, and the best hope for our nation, is at the political center, and so, That's Why I Am A Centrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment